This Using Java - for PL/SQL and Database Developers training will teach you about Oracle Database programming. Expert instructors use Java with examples and explanations of appropriate use.
- Develop database Applications using Java.
- Create, load, resolve and publish Java classes in the database.
- Develop and Run Java directly in the database.
- Access and Manipulate SQL and PL/SQL Data types using JDBC and SQLJ.
- Utilize UCP for JDBC design-time and run-time requirements.
- Convert Java in the database into Stored Procedure.
- Explain the benefits of Oracle JVM (OJVM).
- List the advantage of using Stored Procedures as Database Programming Model.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Access & Manipulate SQL Data
Upon enrolling in this course, you'll also learn to access Oracle Database using JDBC, UCP, Java stored procedures and SQLJ technologies. Instructors will highlight the benefits of accessing and manipulating SQL data using JDBC and SQLJ technologies. The advantage of Oracle JVM is also discussed to ensure understanding.
- Map SQL and PL/SQL Types to and from Java Types
- Invoke Java in the Database
- Manage Java in the Database
- Use key metadata in JDBC
- Manipulate Oracle SQL data types in JDBC
- Use Result Sets and RowSet
- Understand JDBC Quality of Services and Best Practices
- Access and Manipulate Oracle SQL data using SQLJ
- Develop and Run Java directly in the database
- Access and Manipulate SQL and PL/SQL Data types using JDBC and SQLJ
- Describe the course objectives
- Describe the course prerequisites and suggested prerequisites
- Describe lesson contents and agenda
- List the schemas and appendices used in this course
- Identify the relevant documentation and other resources
- Describe the Course Technical Environment and data
Introduction to Java
- Java and OOP Technology
- Key features of Java
Introduction to JDBC
- JDBC Architecture
- JDBC Drivers: Overview
- JDBC Specification
- Essential of JDBC Programming
Accessing and Manipulating SQL Data using JDBC
- Key Metadata in JDBC
- Manipulating Oracle Data Types with JDBC
- Accessing and Manipulating LOBs using JDBC
- Result Set support in JDBC
JDBC Quality of Services and Best Practices
- Introduction to Transaction Services
- Introduction to Security Services
- Best Practices and tips
Introduction to SQLJ Technology
- Overview of SQLJ
- SQLJ Database Access
Universal Connection Pool
- Introduction to Universal Connection Pool (UCP)
- Universal Connection Pool for JDBC Overview
- UCP for JDBC design-time and run-time requirements
- Basic Connection Steps
- Packages of the UCP for JDBC API
- Database Connections
Stored Procedures as Database Programming Model
- Overview of Stored Procedures
- Introduction to Java Stored Procedures
- Advantages of Java Stored Procedures
- Define Oracle JVM and its architecture
- Using Java in Oracle Database
- Difference between OracleJVM Architecture and JDK VM Architecture
- Automated Storage Management with Garbage Collection
- Dynamic Class Loading
- Performance Enhancement of Oracle JVM
Developing and Running Java in the Database
- Creating or Loading Java in the Database
- Removing Java Sources, Classes and Resources from the Database
- Setting/Querying Environment Variable and System Properties
- Java Compiler within the Database
- Converting Java in the Database into Stored Procedure
- Invoking Java in the Database
- Error and Exception Handling
- Managing Java in the Database
Cours pré-requis obligatoire(s):
- Knowledge of Oracle Database