This R12.2 Oracle Inventory Management Fundamentals Ed 2 training is ideal for customers who have implemented Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12, 12.1 or R12.2. Enrolling in this course will also teach you where Oracle Inventory fits in the overall enterprise structure.
- Set up organizations that correspond to your business units in Oracle Applications.
- Define inventory items for Oracle Supply Chain Applications.
- Perform inventory replenishment.
- Perform ABC classification and cycle count.
- Define items and enable lot control and serial control.
- Perform inventory transactions.
- Use mobile devices to perform inventory transactions.
- Enable dual unit of measure control.
Benefits to You
Expert Oracle instructors will also teach you how to perform inventory transfers and inventory replenishment, as well as how to perform a cycle. You'll view on-hand quantities, create reservations and set up material statuses.
Explore Inventory Management
This course reflects the logical flow of the processes involved in inventory management. For example, you'll review defining items, receiving items, issuing items and replenishing items in the same order.
Participate in Hands-On Exercises
The practices in this course provide hands-on experience using Oracle Inventory to perform many of the processing and inquiry transactions. These transactions include receiving, moving, replenishing inventory items and generating count tags for physical inventories.
Use Mobile Devices to Perform Transactions
These practices also help you understand how to use mobile devices to perform transactions. These transactions include cycle counting and inventory replenishment.
- Understand how to perform inventory transactions using a mobile device
- Understand how to define material statuses
- Understand how to define and maintain a cycle count
- Create an ABC ranking of items to be used in cycle counting
- Understand the overall inventory process in Oracle Inventory
- Understand how to view on-hand quantities
- Understand the structure of an inventory organization in Oracle Inventory
- Understand the planning and replenishment methods available in Oracle Inventory including min-max planning, reorder-point planning, replenishment counting, and Kanban replenishment
- Understand the role of an item-master organization
- Define items in Oracle Inventory
- Understand the concept of move orders
- Learn to implement locator, revision, serial, and lot control for items
- Perform inventory transactions such as subinventory transfer and interorganization transfer
- Set up shipping networks between inventory organizations and understand the significance of direct shipment and in transit shipment
- Understand how to create units of measure
- Understand how to create reservations
Overview of Oracle Inventory
- Receiving Inventory
- Transferring Inventory
- On-hand and Availability
- Issuing Inventory
- Inventory Accuracy
- Discussing Inventory Application Integration
Defining Inventory Organizations
- Overview of Inventory Structure
- Setting up the Inventory Organization Structure
- Defining Organization Parameters
- Defining Subinventories and Locators
Units of Measure
- Defining Units of Measure
Defining and Maintaining Items
- Defining Items Process
- Using Item Templates
- Assigning Items to Organizations
- Categories, Category Sets, and Catalogs
- Deleting Items
Lot and Serial Control
- Setting up Lot Control
- Maintaining Serial Information
- Maintaining Lot and Serial Genealogy
- Defining Transaction Types
- Defining Picking Rules
- Defining Account Aliases
- Opening and Closing Accounting Periods
- Setting up Move Orders
- Material Shortage Alerts and Notifications
Issuing and Transferring Material
- Managing Receipts
- Performing Transactions
- Performing Move Orders
- Performing Mobile Transactions
- Managing Shipments
On-hand and Availability
- Using the Material Workbench
- Creating Available to Promise Rules
- Managing Reservations
Material Status Control
- Material Status Setup
- Defining Replenishment
- Inventory Forecasting Methods
- Replenishment Counting
Inventory Accuracy Fundamentals
- Defining Counting
- ABC Analysis
- Cycle Counting
- Physical Inventory
- Accessing the Electronic Technical Reference Manual (eTRM)
Cours pré-requis obligatoire(s):
- R12 eBusiness Suite Essentials for Implementers
- Basic understanding of Inventory Management principles